Guide to Societies Registration
Societies Registration in India takes place under The Societies Registration Act, 1860 governed societies registration in India, generally involved for the benefit of the Society:- Health, Education, Employment, Social Welfare, Advancement of sports & Art.
This act is implemented with the purpose of legalizing the society’s registration
And operations for the upliftment of literature, arts, science.
The Societies registration act, 1860 is a central legislation which has been adopted by many state governments till date.
Purpose of Societies Registration:-
- Societies are registered for the development of art, science, charitable purposes.
- Promoting education.
- Promotion of social welfare activities.
- Promoting environment education.
- Promoting conservation of natural resources
- Promoting social security.
- For maintenance of housing societies.
- For protecting animals.
Rajasthan Society Registration Act ,1958
Process of Registration of societies in Rajasthan:-
- Selection of Name: – Name should be unique, two societies should not have similar name. Name should not be prohibited under any state act, and under the provisions of Emblems and Names (prevention of improper use) Act, 1950.
- Memorandum & Article of Association or Bye laws of Society:- This contains the under mentioned clauses
- Name of the society.
- Registered office Address of the society.
- Extent of operations.
- Objects of societies.
- Criteria of becoming member.
- Annual Membership fees and Initial fees to be paid by members.
- Causes for removal of members.
- Manner of conducting general meetings.
- Rights and Duties of members.
- Rights and Duties of Designated Persons i.e. President, secretary, treasurer.
Note:-Bye Laws are signed by the Designated Persons i.e. President, Secretary, Treasurer.
- Objects of society: – Objects of the society are separately filed for registration of society. Object sheet is also signed by designated persons.
- Election of Designated persons: – for the proper execution of operations and incorporation of society members will elect from themselves designated persons i.e. 1. President 2. Manager 3. Secretary 4. Treasurer
- Documents Required for registration of Societies:-
- Noc from Local Panchayat or Authority
- Identity proof of all designated persons and Members( i.e. Aadhar Card)
- Authorization letter in the favor of Agent.
- Time required for registration process: – It will take around 12-15 days for getting registration certificate after completing all requirements of incorporation of society.
- Government fees for registration: –
- Societies related to education and housing maintenance Rs 10016.
- Societies related to Water management Rs 500.
- Societies related to cow protection. Rs 100.